Yonatan Uziel Chaim who wrote
Kever Yonatan Ben Uziel Amuka
|קבר יונתן בן עוזיאל עמקה|
|Gravesite, Grave, Tzion, Shrine, Tomb|
|Gravesite of Mishna-Era Rabbi where many singles visit to pray about finding a soul-mate.|
Amuka, located on the western edge of the Biriya forest, contains the ancient gravesite of the Talmudic scholar Rabbi Yonatan Ben Uziel. Tradition relates that singles who pray at the gravesite of this Tanah will find their “zivug” - true soulmate. The site attracts many singles, both men and women, of all ages and levels of Jewish practice.
 Rabbi Yonatan Ben Uziel
Yonason Ben Uziel is best known for his Translation of the Prophets, the “Targum, into Aramaic, the vernacular of his day. The Talmud tractate Megilla writes that he planned to author a translation and commentary on the Ketuvim as well but the heavens prevented this from happening because they did not want him to reveal the secrets of the final redemption.
Read full Zissil article on Yonasan Ben Uziel
 Tradition Regarding Marriage
Within Jewish tradition, it is customary for people who cannot themselves visit a holy site to commission someone to do so in their place. This generally involves paying someone to pray on their behalf. A number of people in Tzfat are prepared to undertake this mission and pray at Yonatan Ben Uziel’s gravesite on behalf of others.
 Hillulah of Yonason ben Uziel
The Hillulah of Yonason be Uziel falls out on the Chaf Vav Sivan, the 26th of the month. Each year thousands of people visit the Kever throughout this 24 hour period and the surrounding three days. A number of organizations set up stands in the vicinity of the Kever to try to fundraise money. Often there is food given out for free at the Hillulah sponsored by private donors.
 The Tomb
Kever Yonasan Ben Uziel is located on the side of the mountain, west of the ancient village.
 Early Pilgrims
Many diaries of early travelers to Eretz Yisroel describe visits to Kever Yonatan Ben Uziel, the earliest dating back to the 1100's. These describe the grave being near a small Arab village containing roughly sixty houses. The actual Tzion was built from stones with a large, thick beautiful tree growing over it.
 Tzion Yonasan Ben Uziel
In 1979 the Tzion was once again renovated and expanded. During the construction part of the original stone coffin was uncovered.
 Tree Above the Tzion
Many early visitors to Kever Yonatan Ben Uziel describe a large beautiful tree growing right above the Tzion. Eventually this tree was chopped down by the local Arab governor he needed a large beam for the new house he was building. Within eight days after its completion, the house collapsed upon the Governor, killing him and his entire family. Awe stricken, the Arabs of the Amuka collected the remaining scraps of the tree and brought them back, placing them by the Kever.
 Kever Mokrat
 Respected by Muslims
Diaries of early visitors to the Kever note how the location was respected by the local Muslim population. Muslims would come to the Kever to light oil and make pledges in honor of Yonasan Ben Uziel. They would refer to the grave as the tomb of Muhamad Al Ajami, literally "Saint not from our nation". There are a number of Muslim graves in the vicinity of the Kever, another sign that it was awed by the Arabs.
 Amuka Cows
- Latitude: 33.005357
- Longitude: 35.518980
A trail also leads out of the Old City to Amuka. Hikers are advised to obtain a good map or directions before embarking on the walk.
 More Photos
- Howden's price list socket cell phone
- Gurgling in the throat when singing
- Matin 2 Hanjare Doctor, the episode
- What does Neol Sarang mean
- How to set java.library.path in weblogic
- How old is Lisa Hart Fox 2
- Mainul Hossain Chowdhury Electronics
- Borderlands 2 use of health bottles
- I'll see what I can do
- Porziuncola as they say
- Where to breed dragons breathe diablo 3
- How to play aa3 files
- Wholesale gold jewelry supplier Philippines
- When the darkness comes in Romana versuri
- On which side does moss grow on rocks
- How to determine gpa from gradespeed
- How to get Mimiron Mount
- How did David Barksdale's wife die
- How to wave sear tilapia
- How to check random numbers for mbbs
- What does trash mean in technology
- 8w4d 2 cm is how many inches
- Fram oil filter xg3506 fits something
- How to invite a key party
- Rider of Rohan miniatures who paints color
- How often to use avamys
- What does Al Noor mean in Arabic
- Who produces Kocaso tablets when they overstate
- Merryland's Barber Charged with Injury Now What
- What is Perrinia immortalis
- Pero coffee substitute whole foods
- Illuminati in South African celebrities who passed
- What happened to Helen Grese
- What does Nimen Hao mean in Chinese