What does asbestos siding look like
Detect sprayed asbestos
Use of asbestos
Asbestos has now been given a thick red exclamation mark in social consciousness. The fibrous material made of crystallized silicate minerals has been used for various purposes since ancient times, but has only been used in large quantities for about a century. Because in the course of industrialization there was also a building boom - and especially in house building, asbestos was highly valued because of its high strength, its acid and heat resistance and its excellent insulation properties.
Asbestos materials were therefore preferably used in the following areas:
- Roof and wall materials such as roof panels and wall coatings
- Asbestos sheets (e.g. as sealing layers behind ovens or electrical sockets)
- Insulation materials such as pipe seals, fire protection and insulation mats and steel girder sheathing
- Cement screeds and plasters
- Protective clothing such as protective suits and gloves
- Flower boxes and window sills
- Sewer and ventilation pipes
- Tile adhesive and filler (€ 5.70 at Amazon *) n
- old electrical appliances (heaters, irons, electric blankets, grills, hairdryers, tube radio receivers)
With the exponential increase in use over the past century, the harmful effects of asbestos have also become apparent. Asbestosis and (lung) cancer in particular are recognized as asbestogenic. Accordingly, asbestos is banned in the EU, Switzerland and largely also in the USA. In Germany, the production and use of asbestos products were gradually restricted from 1979 onwards.
How can spray asbestos be recognized?
Sprayed asbestos has been widely used to coat walls and roofs from the inside. In contrast to  asbestos cement, spray asbestos has an asbestos content of over 60% with a density of less than 1000 kg / m3. Sprayed asbestos is one of the weakly bound and therefore most dangerous asbestos products in which the pollutants are easily released and not only after massive work on the material.
To identify sprayed asbestos, find the following pieces of the puzzle:
- Register type of use
- Find out the construction and / or production date
- Examine the color and structure
As explained above, spray asbestos has only been used for specific purposes. And that only until 1979. And since it is a weakly bound asbestos product, its structure is usually quite fibrous and of a greyish-greenish color.
Never remove asbestos yourself!
However, all these indications are only grounds for speculation. They are not sufficient for reliable identification. Under no circumstances should you lend a hand if you suspect sprayed asbestos - because it not only endangers your health, it is even prohibited. If your suspicions are confirmed, always seek advice from specialized professionals.
* Affiliate link to Amazon
- How to install the homc30uc circuit breaker
- Who is Brad in Babysitting Adventures
- Beza przepis ewa wachowicz
- Mechanix illustrated the children's encyclopedia
- Guess who is cheating on horror face tiles
- Silver drop eucalyptus perennial in which zone
- What does stylized theater mean
- How to remove link arrow xp
- How to sync youtube account to android
- How to uninstall the Trezza software
- Brontosaurus does not exist when lock tables are used
- How many levels in bubble anger miniclip
- What does the double chin transition reaction do
- How to Make Mizuhiki Knots
- Descargar whatsapp para lg cookie 570 knrs
- Italobrothers sleep when Zippy's menu is dead
- Fail to bind instructions
- What is Selena Gomez Bacon Number
- How to configure controls in Motogp 3
- Which liquid has a lower density than oil?
- How many intersections does m25
- Mind photography how to
- What colors attract a Scorpio man
- What is the Life Cycle Tracker Ticker