Electric mode wall heating, how they work
How does wall heating work?
With wall heating, the heating elements - usually narrow water pipes - are laid invisibly in the wall under the plaster. There is hot water in the pipes that heats the entire wall. This radiates the heat evenly over the entire surface. The temperature is regulated via a thermostat.
So that the wall heating can give off the heat well, the pipes must be covered with a certain plaster. Often it is clay plaster, which has a positive effect on the room climate due to its material properties. By absorbing excess moisture and releasing it again when necessary, clay keeps the humidity in the room constant.
Installation of a wall heater
Wall heating can be installed in a new building as well as subsequently in the course of a renovation. The installation in the wall is realized either with the help of wet technology or dry construction.
- Wet system: The fitter attaches the pipes to the plaster with the help of various holding systems. He then completely plastered the pipes so that they are no longer visible.
- Drywall method: Heating plates, which are usually prefabricated, are used for this. Similar to plasterboard, these can be quickly fixed to the substrate. The panels are already equipped with heating pipes and insulation material.
With both methods it is important that the wall heating is not covered permanently and / or over a large area. If it is difficult to find a suitable place for the heater due to the large amount of furniture in the room, the ceiling can be used as a heating surface.
Wall heating on outside walls
It makes perfect sense to install the wall heating in an outside wall - after all, this is usually the coldest wall. A wall heater installed in an outside wall usually warms the room more evenly. However, large windows can make installation difficult. If the wall is poorly insulated, a lot of heating energy is also lost to the outside.
Wall heating on interior walls
The installation of a wall heater on interior walls, on the other hand, is usually possible without any problems and without major construction work. It should be noted, however, that noticeable air turbulence can arise with a poorly insulated outer wall - namely due to the large temperature difference between the inner wall heated by the heater and the very cold outer wall.
Wall heating energy efficiency
Wall heating can help save energy. Compared to conventional radiators, a lower temperature is sufficient for a pleasant feeling of warmth. The heat is distributed more evenly in the room due to the large-area radiation. No temperature layers form where the warm air collects under the blanket and the feet stay cold. The flow temperature, which is necessary for the wall heating to reach operating temperature, is also lower.
However, wall heating is only really energy-efficient if the insulation of the room or house is sufficient and the heating elements are in the most favorable location in the room.
Advantages of wall heating
- No visible radiators in the room
- Pleasant for allergy sufferers, as the heating does not stir up dust
- No dry heating air
- Wall heaters - especially on cold outside walls - prevent the formation of mold
- Uniform heat emission across the entire height of the room
- Reduces energy costs
Disadvantages of wall heating
The biggest disadvantage of wall heating is that you have to take it into account when planning your room and that the furniture sometimes has to be subordinate to the wall heating. After all, the heating surfaces must not be permanently covered by large pieces of furniture such as floor-to-ceiling shelves, a wall unit or large-format pictures.
In addition, with every nail or dowel that is going to be in the wall, you always have to check where the heating pipes are exactly. This can either be done with appropriate thermal foils, which discolour to indicate where the pipes are running. Or you can spray the wall with a little water, turn the cooled down heater back on and watch where the wall dries first.
Other types of wall heating
The ancient model of wall heating worked with cavities in the walls through which warm air was passed. In this way, the chimneys of tiled stoves can also heat other rooms that do not have direct access to the stove.
Infrared panels that radiate heat can also be attached to walls. They are very flat, take up little space and work with electricity. The connection is made via a socket.
Cold instead of heat: wall heating as air conditioning
Wall heating can basically also be used for room cooling. If cold water flows through the pipes, the room cools down evenly and permanently - without the loud noises and sometimes unpleasant drafts of a conventional air conditioning system. Wall heating can therefore regulate the room temperature all year round and positively influence the room climate.
Secure your electricity tariff now
Save up to 800 euros
That's how we calculated
Place of residence: Barsbüttel, 22885
Annual consumption: 5,300 kWh
Cheapest tariff: E.ON Energie, E.ON Strom Extra, costs in the first year: 1,141.08 euros
Basic service tariff: e.on Grundv. Electricity, costs: 1,952.29 euros
(According to the Federal Network Agency, over a quarter of German households receive the local basic service tariff. You can switch anytime.)
Savings: 811.21 euros
(As of: November 16, 2020)
Over 1,000 electricity providers
Over 15,000 tariffs in comparison
- What do you mean by lyrics carmine acapella
- Rmb properties llc az like to
- Disconnect from the ventilator when the brain is dead
- Michael goldfarb who who productions florida
- What does feo fuerte y formal mean?
- Loan split how does it work
- Eligard Injection, How To Mix Thinset
- Gold jewelry wholesale UK wholesaler
- Bromthymol blue turns yellow in which solutions
- What is wheat flour type 405
- Lucky to Howrah Rajdhani Express
- What does a cooking head look like
- How to cook frozen Danish pastries
- What is BD profile
- What does sbsq hospital care
- Tamil actor sivachandran wikihow
- Rezaka vulnerable Descargar WhatsApp
- What are distortions of perception
- What a result not cold 14
- Gozzer Ranch celebrities who smoke
- Rajec Poduchowny Zumi Mapa
- How to describe a sad face
- How to stream with obs machines
- How to fix problems with the Internet face to face