Russian hockey players who defected north
Air strikes in Syria: EU positions itself against Russia (update: situation report)
In Syria, air strikes by Russia on the one hand and the US-led coalition against ISIS on the other hand continue. In the meantime, the EU took a clear position on (today) Monday in a decision by its foreign ministers:
The recent Russian military attacks that go beyond Dae’sh and other UN-designated terrorist groups, as well as on the moderate opposition, are of deep concern, and must cease immediately. So too must the Russian violations of the sovereign airspace of neighboring countries.
This military escalation risks prolonging the conflict, undermining a political process, aggravating the humanitarian situation and increasing radicalization. Our aim should be to de-escalate the conflict. The EU calls on Russia to focus its efforts on the common objective of achieving a political solution to the conflict. In this context it urges Russia to push for a reduction of violence and implementation of confidence-building measures by the Syrian Regime along the provisions of UNSC Resolution 2139.
The Russian situation report from October 12th (in the original English, as usual with attached YouTube videos):
Russian air group in the Syrian Arab Republic continues strikes against ISIS infrastructures.
In the course of the last 24 hours, Russian military aircraft Su-34, Su-24M and Su-25SM have performed 55 combat sorties engaging 53 ISIS objects in the Homs, Hamah, Lattakia and Idlib provinces.
The means of space and air reconnaissance continue detection of new ISIS objects on the territory of the Syrian Arab Republic 24 hours a day for their further engagement by the Russian air group.
During all sorties, the Russian strike aviation is covered by Su-30 fighters.
As a result of a pinpoint strike of Su-24M bombers near Salma settlement (Lattakia province), fragmentation air bombs destroyed a large ISIS transfer point with underground facilities and ammunition depots detected by means of space reconnaissance.
Detonation of munitions caused large fire. The object was completely destroyed.
Su-34 bombers engaged a militants ’camp located near Al-Mastumah (Idlib province).
According to the reconnaissance data, the camp was used as a concentration point, where militants from different countries were trained. At the same camp, terrorists were taught special tactics and sapper skills under the leadership of experienced instructors.
Near Tal Sukeyk (to the north of Hamah), a Su-25 attack aircraft eliminated a column of automobile vehicles, which transported munitions and fuel to the ISIS terrorist positions in that area.
Three petrol tank vehicles escorted by two off-road vehicles with large caliber machine guns were destroyed.
In the recent days, terrorists are undertaking desperate attempts to ferry munitions, armament, fuel and equipment from the Raqqah province to the contact line with the Syrian Armed Forces.
Significant part of their armament, ammunitions, fuel for military vehicles is already eliminated by pinpoint strikes of the Russian aircraft.
In this area of the Hamah province, a Su-24M bomber destroyed an ISIS underground command center with a KAB-500 guided air bomb. The precision strike eliminated all the engineer facilities of terrorists.
Near Tal Sukeyk (Hamah province), a Su-25 attack aircraft engaged a militants ’mobile mortar position detected by UAVs.
The pinpoint strike resulted in destruction of three off-road vehicles equipped with mortars and one lorry with ammunitions.
The attacks of the Russian air group carried out within the last 24 hours resulted in destruction of the following objects:
25 fortified areas and defensive positions with armament and military equipment;
terrorist strong point near Salma settlement (Lattakia province);
7 command centers of militants;
6 terrorist field training camps;
6 ammunition depots;
a column of automobile vehicles;
3 underground shelters in the Lattakia province;
1 mobile mortar group.
After the successful task performance, all the Russian aircraft have returned to the Hmeymim airbase.
According to the Treaty on Open Skies, the Russian specialists were to have carried out a scheduled observation flight on an An-30B aircraft over the territories of the Turkish Republic on October 12, using Eskisehir and Diyarbak? R airfields.
The Turkish colleagues have addressed with a request to the Russian Ministry of Defense to defer the flight to a later date in connection with the security operation.
Taking into account the current situation in the Turkish Republic and the official appeal of the Turkish colleagues, the Russian Ministry of Defense has decided to defer the flight within the Treaty on Open Skies to a later date.
The situation report of the US-led coalition against ISIS, Operation Inherent Resolve:
October 12, 2015
Release # 201510012-01
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Military Strikes Continue Against ISIL Terrorists in Syria and Iraq
SOUTHWEST ASIA- On Oct. 11, coalition military forces continued to attack ISIL terrorists in Syria and Iraq. In Syria, coalition military forces conducted two strikes using fighter and remotely piloted aircraft. Separately in Iraq, coalition military forces conducted 18 strikes coordinated with and in support of the Government of Iraq using bomber, fighter, attack, remotely piloted aircraft, and rocket artillery against ISIL targets.
The following is a summary of the strikes conducted against ISIL since the last press release:
• Near Al Hasakah, one strike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL building.
• Near Washiya, one strike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL tactical vehicle.
• Near Al Baghdadi, one strike destroyed an ISIL vehicle.
• Near Bayji, three strikes struck two separate ISIL tactical units, destroyed in an ISIL fighting position, and denied ISIL access to terrain.
• Near Fallujah, one strike destroyed an ISIL anti-air artillery piece and an ISIL tactical vehicle.
• Near Kisik, one strike suppressed at an ISIL heavy machine gun position.
• Near Mosul, one strike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL fighting position.
• Near Ramadi, seven strikes struck four separate ISIL tactical units and destroyed two ISIL fighting positions, an ISIL mortar system, an ISIL trench, three separate ISIL vehicle borne improvised explosive devices, two ISIL front-end loaders, an ISIL building, an ISIL vehicle, an ISIL tactical vehicle, an ISIL home-made explosives cache, denied ISIL access to terrain and wounded an ISIL fighter.
• Near Sinjar, one strike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed two ISIL fighting positions.
• Near Sultan Abdallah, one strike struck an ISIL tactical unit in a destroyed and ISIL fighting position.
• Near Tal Afar, one strike struck and destroyed an ISIL tactical unit.
• Near Waleed, one strike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL vehicle.
Strike assessments are based on initial reports. All aircraft returned to base safely.
The strikes were conducted as part of Operation Inherent Resolve, the operation to eliminate the ISIL terrorist group and the threat they pose to Iraq, Syria, and the wider international community.
The destruction of ISIL targets in Syria and Iraq further limits the group’s ability to project terror and conduct operations. Coalition nations which have conducted strikes in Iraq include Australia, Canada, France, Jordan, Netherlands, United Kingdom, and the United States. Coalition nations which have conducted strikes in Syria include Australia, Bahrain, Canada, France, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, and the U.S.
(Photo: Russian Defense Ministry)
- What does sugar maple seeds eat
- What is the i'm second font
- How to make ingots in the community
- Tomasz machowski gdynia pogoda
- What does Doe Pay Rate mean
- How did Ralph Begnaud die in the house
- She runs away when she sees me
- How does Dorado fish taste?
- How to cut Superjet handle bar
- Duchowa przemiana bohatera literackiego dokonaj podzialu
- How to cook broccoli raven and pasta
- How does Lookout Masuku have diets?
- How to tie string on yoyodyne
- How to pay teco bill online
- What does stuck lips mean
- How to clean Harley Davidson throttle bodies
- How to connect hp wireless mouse fha-3410
- How to cut Superjet handle bar
- Pemain movie when Sule Sulis met Cinta
- Who means other than me in English
- How to disarm ungo car alarm
- What does Karuna Safari Ma State mean
- You get, what you deserve
- How to fold a polo gift box