Night in Paris theme of how to dress
10 questions and answers about the Eiffel Tower in Paris
10 questions & answers about the Eiffel Tower Paris. The Eiffel Tower, today's symbol of Paris, was actually not intended for our eyes. Tourists from all over the world can only visit the Eiffel Tower in Paris today and enjoy the impressive view of the city only by a few coincidences and a large dose of luck. I have therefore asked myself the question several times: What would Paris be without the Eiffel Tower? I can't imagine, but this question made me ask you guys 10 interesting questions about the Eiffel Tower, without which Paris would definitely not be Paris, to answer! Have fun while reading!
10 interesting questions about the Eiffel Tower in Paris
1. Is the Eiffel Tower the most visited attraction in Paris?
One might think that the Eiffel Tower, the ultimate symbol of Paris, is also the most visited attraction in the city. But this is not entirely true, because the first place of the most visited monuments in Paris is Notre-Dame Cathedral with almost 14 million visitors a year. In second place is Sacré Coeur (around 10 million), closely followed by the Musée du Louvre with around 9 million visitors annually. Only in fourth place is the Eiffel Tower, which receives a little more than 7 million visitors a year.
2. How high is the Eiffel Tower actually?
In 1889, when the Eiffel Tower was opened for the Paris World's Fair, it reached a height of 300 meters. At the time, the Eiffel Tower was the tallest building in the world. He held the record until 1930 when the Chrysler Building was built in New York. During the 20th century, antennas for television and radio reception were installed on top of the Eiffel Tower. In 1994 the Eiffel Tower grew by 17 meters. Since the installation of new antennas in 2008, the height of the Eiffel Tower is now 325 meters. More information about the height of the Eiffel Tower can be found in another article on my website.
3. Was the Eiffel Tower built to last?
The city of Paris granted Gustave Eiffel, the builder of the Eiffel Tower, a license for 20 years in 1889, after which the Eiffel Tower should be dismantled. Thanks to the other use of the Eiffel Tower, for example as a radio station, it was spared its predetermined fate. In 1944, too, the Eiffel Tower only narrowly escaped destruction. Because the military general of Paris received the order to lay Paris and its tower in ruins. He resisted! If you want to learn more about the history of the Eiffel Tower, you can read the corresponding article here.
4. How many people can visit the Eiffel Tower at the same time?
The answer is 5000. The first platform of the Eiffel Tower at a height of 57 meters can receive up to 3000 people at the same time, on the second floor at 115 meters there is space for a total of 1600 people and at the top of the last floor there can be around 400 People at the same time.
5. When exactly does the Eiffel Tower blink?
After dark, the Eiffel Tower flashes every hour on the hour. The spectacle lasts about 5 minutes and ends at 1 a.m. The lighting consists of 20,000 individual lamps that are connected to one another via 40 km of power cables.
6. Can I take photos of the Eiffel Tower and publish them?
The official website of the Eiffel Tower states that photos taken during the day can be freely used. However, photos that show the glowing Eiffel Tower at night are protected by copyright. So watch out: the publication of photos of the illuminated Eiffel Tower is only allowed for a fee! All information about the copyrights of the Eiffel Tower are summarized here on my page.
8. How storm-resistant is the Eiffel Tower?
In 1999 there was a strong storm that swept across Europe. The top of the Eiffel Tower swayed 13 centimeters in winds of up to 240 km / h. When building the Eiffel Tower, Gustave Eiffel calculated that a sway below 70 centimeters would not harm the tower! But to be on the safe side, the third floor will be closed to visitors in the event of a strong storm.
9. Can I also go up the Eiffel Tower on foot?
The first visitors to the Eiffel Tower were able to climb exactly 1,665 steps in 1889 to enjoy the view over the city from the third floor. Today this is no longer possible. The stairs only lead to the second floor of the Eiffel Tower, from here a small elevator will take you up to the last floor. Unfortunately, there are no skip-the-line tickets for the stairs of the Eiffel Tower. They can only be bought at the ticket offices of the Eiffel Tower for immediate ascent.
10. Where is the best place to admire the Eiffel Tower?
Great photos of the Eiffel Tower can be taken from the Trocadéro. The Champs de Mars, the green open space in front of the Eiffel Tower, is also a beautiful location for close-ups of the Eiffel Tower, just like the Tour Montparnasse and the Arc de Triomphe, which are highly recommended as vantage points in Paris.
Additional question: Can disabled people go up the Eiffel Tower?
The answer is yes, but only up to the second floor at most. For safety reasons, the top platform is unfortunately not accessible for disabled people. Disabled people and an accompanying person can visit the Eiffel Tower at a reduced rate. These tickets can also be booked online via the Eiffel Tower ticket platform.
Newsletter & social media
Become part of the HelpTourists Community on Facebook! In our closed group you can exchange ideas with other Paris lovers. Subscribe to our newsletter, follow us on Instagram and Pinterest and receive regular inspiration and insider tips for your next Paris vacation!
- When the smoke clears the stream
- Bourjois 1 second nail polish glitter wholesale
- How to win promos lol esports
- Gta v where to find Velum
- What is sanction seeking behavior
- What nice news for a friend
- Symbols mean WhatsApp online
- What does the sempiternal symbol bmth mean
- Spent game how to win
- What does Vere loqui mean
- Ramchandrapur High School Sankrail Howrah Station
- Banda ms how to rent
- Time warner whole house dvr user manual
- Howard Lake Mn orphans
- Sdn and nfv which role for dpi
- What is legalism in symbols of Chinese philosophy
- How to install kollabtive on wamp
- How to paint trimfinity pvcmolding
- How to defeat the prisoner
- Avon buddy what's new
- Snl Cast Season 40 That Goes
- How to Hard-Coded Subtitles Android Phone
- Use of Teletalk Mifi routers
- New stuff in fate that is void
- Sc430 2002 nav how to update the look
- Wholesale SMS Termination Market Review Indonesia
- Jay Z gold chain how much
- How to win a backyard boxing match
- Howden rotary air preheater
- What is non-Mendelian trait is color blindness
- 4-cell 41whr lithium-ion battery how long lasts
- How old is Denise Desenzo channel 3
- What is the name of a joker hat