How to say fan in Japanese
“You practically don't hear the clear, clear no in Japan. “Iie” - literally “no” - is often used rather than “oh, i wo!”. Of course, this does not mean that the Japanese have no way of rejecting a proposal or an invitation. Only western visitors find it difficult to recognize this. Here are a few popular phrases that of course also work in English:
"Ii desu": "Is good" in the sense of: "Let it stay, I don't need it."
"Chotto muzukashii desu": "That is a little difficult" and is therefore guaranteed to be nothing ...
"Moshiwakenai desu kedo": "It is unforgivable, but ..." is still nothing. This formulation also works in the variant: "It is unforgivable that I stand in your way so often", which means nothing other than that the person addressed is always in the way and annoying.
"Chigaimasu": "It is different", and not in the way the person addressed explains. That is already clear.
"Dame desu": "It is pointless" is the height of the hidden no and the end point of the discussion. Basta."
An excerpt from the useful and readable book "JAPAN for the trouser pocket - What travel guides conceal" by Francoise Hauser.
Even in business meetings where English is spoken, there is usually no clear “no” on the Japanese side. This often leads to misunderstandings among Western participants. The principle of consensus also occasionally causes confusion among us fact-driven, western interlocutors: A resolution is only implemented if every Japanese participant in the round agrees. The senior of the group, even if he enjoys the highest reputation, will usually not prevail against someone who does not agree, but will also wait for the consensus with him. Even if that means that all questions are asked again, all points, including those that were already ticked off, are discussed again. In Japan we encounter unusual, exciting moments again and again, we are allowed to learn new things….
Travel diary (recorded in Kyoto, Japan)
I like it:
- Gazomierz miechowy g10 material
- The lightning tells you how to get powerful material
- What do parole officers ask psychiatrists
- How to write swear words in Arabic
- How to Write Drum Roll Notation Software
- Kerastase-Re-substance Intra-Zylan how to use
- Story of whoo hwa hyun setlist
- How to pronounce Arequipa Peru
- Microwave whole egg pudding
- How old did Selena Gomez's sister die
- Eddie Coffey, how wide is the sky
- Jellies last jam that's how you jazz
- Greyhounds growl while playing
- How to copy envelopes in Reaper
- Kim doesn't understand what a blessing
- How to tighten orthodontic expander images
- General mobile discovery WhatsApp plus reborn
- X trail 4x4 how does it work
- How to spell blood with your fingers
- What is a working method statement coles
- How to adjust the nock point height
- What is sargenti paste
- How to cook Ling Yang for a fever
- Whole black contact lenses
- Bwwm movie couples who hated
- How to pass the ishihara color blindness test
- Punjabi Dharmik status for WhatsApp or Bangla
- What does it mean to put someone on the table
- Question Mark Emoji WhatsApp Meaning
- Whole foods green power
- How do pufferfish give birth
- How to fold a handkerchief
- Candle jars with lids wholesale uk fashion