How are you doing in Arabic-Lebanese food
Alternative forms 
- Gehn (dated in formal prose, but still common informally and poetically)
From Middle High Germangān, gene, from Old High Germangān, gene, from Proto-West Germanic* gān, from Proto-Germanic* gāną, from Proto-Indo-European* ǵʰeh₁-(“To leave”).
Cognate with Dutchgaan, Low Germangan, gahn, Englishgo, Swedish and Danish gå.
The form gene instead of gān is of Bavarian origin, but many dialects of Central and Low German have -e- (from earlier -egg-) or egg in the 2nd and 3rd person singular present, in keeping with the Proto-Germanic irregular conjugation. The -H- was introduced into the spelling by analogy with see, in which it had become mute but was retained in spelling.
- IPA(key): / ˈꞬeːən /, [ˈɡeː.ən] (official standard, but less common)
- IPA(key): / ɡeːn /, [ɡeːn] (predominant)
- Rhymes: -eːən, -eːn
- Hyphenation: go
walk (class 7 strong, third-person singular presentgoes, past tensewent, past participlewent, auxiliarybe)
- (intransitive) to go, to walk
- Let's both go with the dog walk. - Let's walk the dog together.
- I saw the children across the street walk. - I saw the children walk / go across the street.
- My baby is already starting to walk. - My baby is already starting to walk.
- (intransitive) to leave
- I go now. - In the leaving now.
- (intransitive) to leave, to take off (areoplane, train)
- When goes your train?
- When is your train leaving?
- (impersonal, intransitive) to be going; to be alright; indicates how the dative object fares
- How goes it to you? - How are you doing?
- It goes I'm fine. - I'm doing well. (Literally, "It goes well for me.")
- (slightly informal, intransitive) to be possible
- Maybe that would walk. - That might be possible.
- (colloquial, intransitive) to work, to function (of a machine, method or the like)
- Synonym: work
- The coffee machine goes Not. - The coffee dispenser doesn't work.
- 2014, The mirror, issue 21/2014, page 62:
- But it wasn't until Beirut that she learned how to cook professionally goes, the logistics, the timing, the organization to prepare several hundred meals.
- But not until Beirut she learned how professional cooking works, the logistics, the timing, the organization for preparing several hundred meals.
- (colloquial, intransitive) to last, to go for, to go on, to be in progress
- The went for half an hour or so. - This went on for half an hour or so.
- The session goes till one o'clock. - The session is scheduled until one o’clock.
- (colloquial, intransitive) to be (on) (to pay)
- The drinks walk on me. - drinks are on me.
- (regional or dated, impersonal, intransitive) to approach; to be going (on some one) [+ on(object) = time]
- It goes at 8 o'clock. - It's going on 8 o'clock.
Usage notes 
Unlike English to go, German walk does not mean "to travel somewhere" in general. A distinction must be made between walk (walk), drive (go by bike, car, train, or ship), and to fly (go by plane). If used with a place one cannot or would not commonly walk to, walk often implies that one intends to stay there permanently, e.g .: I go to New York. - I 'm going to live in New York.
1This form and alternative in would both found.
Grade: The 2nd person plural imperative can also be go, now in archaic or poetic style.
Derived terms 
Related terms 
See also 
Further reading 
- Who is baron von wittenstein
- When it rains gasoline monologue Alysa Stanton
- Detect mouse click everywhere c #
- What is Bidil tablets
- Starsound D7000 Specifications Howard
- How did Amos Jagneaux die
- What is a binary tree c insert
- How many stones вЂ ‹вЂ‹ in a bundle
- Howell rains my soul is rested
- How to fix Dota 2's brightness problem
- How to calibrate a dp flow meter
- How to reformat the toshiba satellite c850-a812
- How to stretch modified fencers
- Googoosha how dare text fails
- Traduction paroles chanson rihanna what now
- How do they improve old films
- Where to eat dog meat in Beijing
- Curry Puff Wholesale Singapore
- What did actor Tony Doyle die of?
- Chicane salt water what the lyrics mean
- Readwhere tarun bharat belgaum
- Who killed tina mcquaig
- Mobiaudit server url what is that
- Which boarding school did Temple Grandin attend