Tetanus shot lumps how long
Vaccinations for babies and children 5 tips to (almost) avoid the vaccination drama
Since there is no compulsory vaccination in Germany, it is up to all parents whether they want their child to be vaccinated or not. From a medical point of view, it is recommended in any case. Which vaccinations are your child's next or at least scheduled? The pediatrician you trust knows this, based on the recommendations of the "Standing Vaccination Commission" (StIKo), which can be found in the so-called vaccination calendar.
But no matter how intensively you have studied the vaccination calendar: Questions and uncertainties about the child vaccination remain. Especially because parents understandably find it difficult to consciously watch their own child suffer. Sometimes out of fear, sometimes out of uncertainty, sometimes because of the pain that can occur from pricking. But the fact is: If many children are vaccinated (e.g. in a group in the crèche or day care center), the diseases occur less often. AndInfectious diseases such as measles, whooping cough or mumps are anything but harmless “kid stuff”. They are highly contagious, can spread quickly and have serious consequences.
Even if parents are aware of the latter: The fear of vaccination remains - especially with the child.However, the following five tips can help you avoid turning your doctor's visit into a huge drama ...
1. Tip for vaccination: Put aside your own fear
Maybe you are a little afraid of injections yourself? So that your child does not take on these fears, you should put on your poker face for his sake. Because children reflect the emotions and quickly become insecure themselves due to parental insecurity. To take the pressure off yourself, you can find out about child vaccinations in advance. You can communicate your fear of injections to the doctor so that you can find a solution together.
2. Tip for vaccinating: Do not feel sorry for the child before vaccinating
Especially with children of kindergarten or school age, it is best to speak objectively about child vaccination. Make it clear to your child that the vaccination is a necessity and don't regret it. In this way, your child goes into the doctor's office much more relaxed and does not build up unnecessary pressure. This also helps relax and loosen up the muscle during the injection. Subsequent pain is thereby reduced.
Never again a needle? These new vaccination methods could be gentler ...
Our most read articles
3. Tip for vaccination: distract children during the vaccination
Find the right distraction to keep yourTo entertain children during vaccination. Depending on your age, it can also help to bring a favorite toy or cuddly toy. For older children, having a conversation or joke can help relieve pain during vaccination.
4. Tip for vaccinating: Keep small children on your lap during the vaccination
Even if it is actually a matter of course: It is best to take your offspring in your arm or lap during the vaccination. Being physically close to you feels a lot more comfortable and experiences the pain of the vaccination less intense.
5. Tip for vaccination: give the most painful vaccination last
Thanks to multiple vaccines, children's vaccinations are usually only given via a syringe. But if it does have to be several injections, you can ask the doctor to start with the easy one. Some child vaccinations are more painful than others.
And after vaccination?
The child vaccination activates immune cells and migrates to the puncture site. In order to increase this effect, pharmaceutical excipients are contained in some vaccines. However, these irritate the tissue and can even cause the puncture site to swell, redden and hurt. Children have slight pain afterwards, especially with tetanus and diphtheria vaccinations. Doctors therefore recommend cooling the puncture site afterwards and keeping your arm still.
- What happened to Helen Grese
- Who is Hymenaeus in the Bible
- How to make mta role play server
- Stephan kachani tod what happened
- Rajput Baisa attitude status for WhatsApp
- Ca caw from which вЂ ‹вЂ‹ film
- Mbudya island how to get there
- How To Do Aloo Bukhara Sharbat
- Claritin syrup 60ml is like many cups
- MySQL Stored Procedure Example Select Where
- Epic How To Create Health Smart Phrases
- Encyclia Howardii for sale
- How to do podi ari kanji
- How to access the bergie web
- Factory direct wholesale ga theater
- What is acidimetry and alkalimetry
- How to do muraqaba in urdu
- What is amilyar in english
- What is the 1980s Film Set 220
- How to share a load in smartones
- What does Leze Compe Ton
- Where to Find Blooming Onion Kit
- Bengal Cotton Saris Wholesale in Chennai India
- How to Build a Zipline Platform