How to Become an Elementary School Student Login
"I like to study here!" How to set up the perfect study space for students at home
Even homework is easy at the right learning place. | © moll functional furniture
Set up a great learning space for students: 8 tips for at home at a glance
- Children need their own workplace in the house, preferably in their children's room, where they can do their schoolwork independently and with concentration.
- Set up this personal learning space together several weeks before school starts or the start of the new school year so that your Abc-Sagittarius has enough time to design it according to his wishes.
- A visual separation between the learning and play areas helps not to be distracted by your favorite toys. A nice privacy screen from bright shelves or colorful houseplants can make a big difference.
- A different wall color also separates the work area from the rest of the children's room. Light colors support concentrated learning.
- It is best to learn in broad daylight! Therefore, place the desk sideways to the window.
- A bright and flexibly adjustable lamp is very important for learning in the evening hours. When choosing the light source, parents should pay attention to a natural light spectrum and low heat generation.
- When it comes to furniture, it's not just about looks. Ergonomic and height-adjustable children's desks enable your child to sit in a healthy and upright position.
- You should also look for a back-friendly model for your desk chair. Your child will sit best when their feet are still on the ground in an upright position.
Establishing a learning space in the children's room - from when?
Adventure bed, cozy corner, child-friendly storage space: a sensibly furnished children's room contains many different functional areas. A very important area is naturally not taken into account when setting up the system for the first time: the learning space.
Because at first the little ones learn "by themselves" in everything they do - children are the purest learning miracles: people learn hard in their mother's womb and the thirst for learning only increases in the first few years of their lives. Then finally the school enrollment is imminent! There is hardly a child who does not start school full of anticipation and confidence. A suitable learning space should now also be created in the children's room by the start of school at the latest.
Enough space for books is of course extremely important! | © pexels
Why do students need their own study place? First aid against homework frustration
School brings a whole new challenge to the little ones: methodical learning. With a suitable place to study, doing homework is (hopefully) a breeze.
In many families, however, homework is often done at the kitchen table instead of at the children's desk. For one thing, elementary school students are looking for confirmation from their parents. On the other hand, parents want to be able to help the new school children with problems directly.
Even so, parents should get their children used to this right from the start Homework at your own workplace close. Experience shows that one of the main reasons for problems with schoolwork actually lies in a disturbed learning atmosphere: Too much well-intentioned help from parents often leads to frustration in the child and reduces self-confidence. Increasingly frustrated, the little ones then gradually hand over responsibility for their homework to their parents.
Having your own, optimally equipped learning space can prevent this spiral: Schoolchildren can concentrate much better here and the experiences of success gained through this support self-confidence. In addition, they learn to take responsibility for their school learning more easily in their own realm.
The best thing to do is to redesign the children's room at pre-school age or during the holidays before starting school at the latest. Because with the start of school, many innovations suddenly collapse on the child (and the parents!). With an early change, the ABC-Sagittarius can get to know the new learning area in a playful way.
What to do with the learning space in the nursery?
The first difficult decision is often the positioning of the workplace in the children's room. Because here you should pay attention to a certain spatial separation between the learning and play areas: It is ideal if a privacy screen separates the two zones from each other.
For example, a clever arrangement of shelves can be used to prevent a direct view of all too tempting toy boxes. However, the learning area should not be completely "chambered" otherwise the child will feel cramped and locked in. It is therefore a very good idea to use indoor plants as privacy screens: plants have been shown to have one Concentration-promoting effect, are sound-absorbing and also ensure an improved room climate!
The learning area can also be set apart from the rest of the children's room in terms of design. For example, it makes sense to design the wall in this area in a different color. Blue and green tones, but above all a light wall color, support the learning atmosphere.
More information on starting school is available here! Listen now:
The furniture for the study area - what matters
Good light is important
Everyone knows from their own experience how important good light is. Nothing beats daylight at the study place Therefore, the desk should ideally be placed to the side of the window so that daylight comes in from the side. For those times when daylight alone is not enough, bright and flexibly adjustable lighting is also required.
However, energy-saving lamps emit too weak a light. B. LED bulbs that emit light with as natural a color spectrum as possible. When deciding on the light source for safety reasons, make sure that the lamp on the children's desk does not get too hot.
Select ergonomic student furniture
Once the optimal space has been found in the children's room, it is time to choose the study furniture. Parents should pay particular attention to ergonomics.
The children's desk
Because only ergonomic and height-adjustable children's desks enable a healthy, upright sitting posture, while with a flat top the back is automatically curved over the work material. Such a hunched position, however, puts a considerable strain on the vertebral bodies - particularly fatal for schoolchildren's spine, which is doubly sensitive as it grows! In fact, pediatricians are increasingly diagnosing back problems in children from the fourth grade onwards.
This video from shows how to find the right ergonomic study furniture, how to optimally adjust it for your own child and what that has to do with stress-free homework kinderzimmer-haus.devery good:
Source and more information on the topic: kinderzimmer-haus.de
The desk chair
It is also about finding a suitable children's chair. This is adjusted so that the child is sitting upright with both feet on the floor. The adjustment of the children's desk is added in the second step. This should support the upright sitting posture and is better adjusted to the correct height after the chair.
By the way: Even if the proud (pre-) schoolchild is mostly only concerned with "the external" when choosing his desk: Fathers and mothers should pay attention to the ergonomic properties and technical details. And this not only pays off in a healthier working posture, but also in a longer period of use. Because sturdy student furniture that grows with the child is durable, expandable - and often even moves into the first own "booth" with the older children.
about the author
© Nursery houseBirgit Bonn writes for the magazine of kinderzimmer-haus.de. Living ideas, healthy and ergonomic children's furniture are the focus. As the mother of a 16 year old son, she is also familiar with the importance of a suitable place to study in private. The explanatory video "Homework without stress" was created as part of the project "Education begins at home", a fundraising campaign by Heimat.de, the Arche e.V. and the Kinderzimmerhaus. In the project, donations were collected for needy children in order to equip them with an ergonomic learning space at home.
About nursery house
As an AGR (Healthy Back Campaign) certified specialist shop, Kinderzimmerhaus specializes in setting up and advising on ergonomic learning spaces and children's furniture that grows with the child.
- Fatal Autocad 2000 error when opening
- Eligard Injection, How To Mix Thinset
- Roy Hall a lot of Shakin going on
- Dr. Howard Cohen cardiologist Edison nj
- Nai harvest whatever lyrics are hot
- What does child-centered society mean
- How to learn to use a rocking catapult
- What is the chemical formula of love
- How to do fishgrass purfling
- Shawna howson jack harries photoshoot
- How to Make Dark Oak Wood Minecraft
- Natilla villancico descargar whatsapp
- Where is Lil JJ right now
- Bryan adam if you love someone chord
- How To Make Chinese Style Tea Dresses
- What is Wikileaks UFO Antarctica
- What is the origin of Bahay Kubo
- How To Catch A Cheating Husband 101
- Pulchowk Campus departments of a company
- Oblix bar cover charge howl
- Utorrent 3.4.1 How to Remove Facebook
- How to Identify Silver Wire
- We wore bandiers
- Masa budyniowa do babeczek ewy wachowicz przepisy
- Alan Howard Uva Athletics
- Monster Racer how to get Furion
- Gateway crashed as to restore from startup
- Kvr chowdary daughter quotes
- With compute in spss what is n
- Name of Maxscript render output file on attempt
- What is binary fusing
- Nbb where are you now
- Mexico money machine, what happened to Jose
- What does ary suffix